September 26, 2022
Depression is considered a mood disorder which creates a continuous feeling of sadness and loss of interest in everything that we used to love doing earlier. This is also known as major depressive disorder or clinical depression, it always affects how you feel, think and behave and can lead to a variety of emotional and physical problems.
We cannot detect the exact signals of depression, there are no fixed symptoms to say that a person is under depression. Sometimes, a person may seem completely fine but deep inside the person may be suffering from depression and may be feeling sad.
Also, many times an individual has no clue what they are sad about, that is also one of the symptoms of depression. It can occur for a variety of reasons and it has many different triggers. An upsetting or stressful life event, such as bereavement, divorce, illness, redundancy and job or money worries, can be the cause. Different causes can often combine to trigger depression.
Depression is a very mixed emotion where it is very difficult to give names to their feelings and to express. Most people misunderstand depression with a negative mindset whereas, negative mindset is completely different from being depressed.
Read more about : Anxiety Disorder Symptoms
Reasons for Depression:
· Abuse is one of the major causes of depression where a person is attached mentally.
· Physical, sexual, or emotional abuse can make you more vulnerable to depression later in life.
· Age. People who are elderly are at higher risk of depression.
· Certain medications
· Death or a loss.
· Major events.
· Feelings of sadness, tearfulness, emptiness or hopelessness.
· Angry outbursts, irritability or frustration, even over small matters.
· Loss of interest or pleasure in most or all normal activities, such as sex, hobbies or sports.
· Sleep disturbances, including insomnia or sleeping too much.
Ways to Help Yourself Through Depression
1. Exercise or Yoga
2. Take a 15- to 30-minute brisk walk every day.
3. Eat healthy foods and drink plenty of water. Some people with depression don't feel much like eating but still your body needs fuel to go.
4. Express yourself with your close ones because any person who is suffering from depression starts isolating him/her during the initial stage.
5. Don't fall for small issues as this is one of the major issues to feel utterly dispirited when you start feeling bad for every small thing.
6. If one cannot focus on the positive part always so, you should not look on negative side as well because when depression occurs your sight to see good fades away and an individual starts becoming pessimist.
Few Surprising facts about depression:
Every person may have different depression triggers.
Also, your genes play some role in mental health.
Depression affects the body as well.
Depression feels in your gut.
Your brain works differently when you are under depression. Depression can be linked with other health problems also
It is not necessary that a depressed person always looks sad.
Exercise, yoga and meditation are very helpful in depression.